Breakaway from the hustle & bustle of city life and come relax at Soutkloof Guest House, situated on Soutkloof farm between Moorreesburg & Piketberg, close to Koringberg.
It is a beautiful working farm run by father-son team Andries & Frikkie. They practice mixed farming with wheat and canola, cattle, sheep and on occasion chickens.
The farm also has a variety of wildlife such as birds (small and large, including beautiful blue cranes), porcupines, foxes, wild rabbits, and a limited number of wild buck.
We offer guests a taste of farm life (if they so wish), peaceful walks, beautiful scenery, star gazing, the opportunity to do absolutely nothing, or a variety of activities within close proximity – from wine tasting to mountain bike trails, to museums. Guests can also take a drive on the farm with one of the farmers.
The entire house is rented out no matter how many rooms are booked ensuring privacy for our guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Bathroom essentials
- Indoor fireplace / braai
- Free Parking
- Cot available
Activities to do on the Farm
- Absolutely nothing (apart from maybe reading a book or 2 from our reading corner)
- Go for leisurely walks
- Star gazing at night (weather dependent)
- Collect eggs from the chickens (seasonal)
- Feed a little lamb (seasonal)
- Getting a lesson on wheat and canola farming from one of the farmers
- Tadpole fishing with the kids – bring your own nets (seasonal)
- Drive around the farm (in your car or on your mountain bikes) to look at the cows and sheep, and to spot blue cranes, guinea fowls and other animals.